After much anticipation for its novel approach to supporting weight loss, Picture It! Weight Loss is now available through the iTunes and Google Play app stores.
From the app store description, here’s what you can expect to see in Picture It! Weight Loss:
Picture It! is a weight loss app exclusively for Kaiser Permanente members and community enrolled in the Healthy Balance and/or Options programs that offers around-the-clock-support in your weight loss journey towards a healthier you.
Picture It! is an easy-to-use, personalized app that helps you create healthy new behaviors by encouraging food logging, physical activity, regular weigh-ins, health education, and positive communication with other program members to keep you motivated and inspired.
Getting started is easy! Visualize yourself at your target weight by building your own personal avatar to picture your future self after losing weight. Sync up to your Fitbit or Jawbone account to keep track of your health progress automatically.
Stay on track! Log what you eat in just seconds and stay motivated by Picture It!’s Daily Quests. Enjoy rewards and encouragement as you reach your goals by unlocking virtual rewards chock full of educational tips and tricks.
Never miss a step! Kaiser Permanente Health Educators are at your side both in and between your Healthy Balance or Options classes. With Picture It!, your class instructor provides personalized coaching through tools seamlessly built into the app, giving you ongoing feedback and support.
Picture It! is a free download, but only accessible to those patients who are enrolled in Kaiser Permanente Healthy Balance or Options programs.
Here’s how the App Store describes the features of Picture It! Weight Loss:
• Visualize your weight loss goals by creating a personalized avatar
• Collect virtual rewards as you build and track healthy habits
• Connect a smart device (Fitbit or Jawbone) to track your diet, physical activity, and weight
• Complete challenges that motivate healthy habits through Daily Quests
• Receive helpful reminders to keep you on track
• Access your support network through built-in social community features
• View your progress charts to keep you on the road to success
• Receive encouragement from your class instructor
Are you a healthcare professional interested in providing Picture It! Weight Loss as part of your medically supervised weight loss program?